Importance of knowing where you’re at, where you’re going, and how you’re doing. Set reasonable but high goals to push yourself. Make sure you’re always growing.
“Be curious. Read widely. Try new things. What people call intelligence just boils down to curiosity.” – Aaron Swartz
1) Set Goals (1 month, 6 month, and 1 year goals)
- Set 2 to 3 reasonable goals for yourself
- Performance: Better / Same / Worse
- Overall: Good / Not good
- How would you have done this differently?
I’m setting my 1 year goal, and I will review my progress each month to see how I am doing.
- Learn how to test properly with Test::Unit (Mocks, stubs, etc)
- Become highly familiar (80%) with internal structure of Mobile-Web (My group)
- Better communication (Concise commit messages, emails, and explanation of mobile)